Outside of jewelry making, there are many ways to use gemstones to beautify the environment around you. Here is a project in 3 simple steps … and the best part – you don’t need any special equipment or metal-smithing skills!
- Rough gemstone cluster with flat back (we’ve used amethyst)
- Gold or silver acrylic paint
- 2-part epoxy
- Paint brush
- Cabinet pull hardware (we got ours at Ikea)
- Use a 1 to 2 inch piece of amethyst cluster or other rough gem with a relatively flat back.
- Paint the bottom and edge of the gem with gold or silver acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Use a 2-part epoxy and paint over the metallic “bezel” you’ve made with the gold or silver paint. Quickly afix a store bought cabinet pull to the center. Let dry.
That’s it! Enjoy.
(images via Siam Gem Palace, curbly.com)